Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions regulate both the Booking you ordered through Our Website and the occupation of your Tent-Suite or other facilities when you arrive at our Farm. When you use Our Website or book a Tent-Suite, you confirm your agreement to these terms.
We are Fronterra Farm Ltd., a company incorporated in Canada, number 8295816. Our address is 242 County Road 27, Consecon, Ontario, K0K1T0.
GST/HST Registration Number: 830233573 RT0001
You are: Anyone who uses Our Website or wants to book accommodation.
These are the agreed terms:
- “Booking” means the booking of accommodation offered by us on Our Website.
- “Our Website” means any website or service designed for electronic access by mobile or fixed devices which is owned or operated by us. It includes all the web pages controlled by us.
- “Tent-Suite” means the accommodation offered for booking and includes any of its associated facilities.
- “Farm” means our farm at the address given above.
- “Services” means the provision by us of any accommodation and/or supply of equipment, food, drink and other services.
In this agreement unless the context otherwise requires:
- the headings to the paragraphs and schedules (if any) to this agreement are inserted for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation.
- any agreement by either party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some other person to do or omit to do that same thing;
- all money sums mentioned in this agreement are calculated net of GST/HST, which will be charged when payment is due;
- this agreement is made only in the English language. If there is any conflict in meaning between the English language version of this agreement and any version or translation of this agreement in any other language, the English language version shall prevail.
- Basis of Contract
- In entering into this contract you have not relied on any representation or information from any source except the Booking details, the descriptions of the Tent-Suites and explanation of the Services given on Our Website.
- You acknowledge that you understand exactly what is included in the Services and you are satisfied that the Tent-Suite and Services are suitable and satisfactory for your requirements.
- The contract between us comes into existence only when we write to you to confirm that the Tent-Suite you want is available. Your payment does not create a contract. If we decline to Book a Tent-Suite we shall immediately return your money to your credit card.
- We may change this agreement and / or the way we provide a Tent-Suite, at any time. If you make any payment for Tent-Suites or Services in the future, you will do so under the terms posted on Our Website at that time.
- One or more notices in a Tent-Suite you have booked or around the Farm may contain information or our requirements as to procedures and behaviour. By accepting this agreement, you are deemed to have accepted these notices as being incorporated in this contract, conditionally only upon your reading them.
- If you book a Tent-Suite in the name of a business or company, you confirm that you have full authority to do so and you accept personal liability for any breach of this contract by any person who comes onto our Farm.
- Your Booking
- You may place a Booking either by:
- giving your credit or debit card details at the time of Booking by telephone or on Our Website and successfully process the 50% deposit; or
- paying for your Booking in full in advance of your arrival, either on Our Website or by telephone.
- If you give us your credit or debit card details we will process your payment either at your arrival, during your stay, and/or shortly after your departure for any items or services consumed or damaged that were uncharged during your stay. The card you use must have an expiry date that is valid until seven days after the last day of your stay.
- You cannot transfer or resell your Booking (in whole or in part). If you transfer or resell (or attempt to transfer or resell) then Fronterra Farm Ltd. will terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such Booking.
- We reserve the right to terminate your Booking and retain any money paid to us for such Booking if we reasonably believe that you are in full or part breach of this condition.
- You may make a Booking on someone else’s behalf. You are responsible for ensuring that any customer in your booking complies with these terms as if that customer had made the Booking.
- You can only make a Booking if you are 18 years old or over. If you arrive at the Farm and are under 18 years of age you will not be permitted to stay alone. We may require photo identification as proof of age.
- Sale rates are only available on Our Website.
- You must ensure that the name on a Booking is correct at the time of Booking. Except the conditioned mentioned in these terms, this cannot be changed after making the Booking.
- You may place a Booking either by:
- Security of Your Credit Card
- We take care to make Our Website safe for you to use.
- Card payments are not processed on a page controlled by us. We use one or more online payment service providers who will encrypt your card or bank account details in a secure environment.
- If you have asked us to remember your credit card details in readiness for your next booking, we will seek to securely store your payment details on our systems. These details will be only used to process transactions which you have initiated.
- The Price & Payment
- Tent-Suite prices are per Tent-Suite, per night for double occupancy and are exclusive of GST/HST. Meals nor any other service/product are not included in the Tent-Suite price. Please note that extra charges will be applied for additional guests and services/products.
- The price you pay is the price mentioned on Our Website at the point of enquiry.
- Prices are exclusive of any applicable GST/HST or other sales tax.
- We require a 50% deposit to confirm a Booking and make a reservation.
- We accept payment by cash, credit/debit card (VISA, MasterCard, and American Express) or your business cheque. We do not accept personal cheques.
- We accept payment by cheque on a company or business account provided we have it at least three weeks before the arrival date. We negotiate all cheques immediately on receipt. If a cheque is not honoured at first presentation, the reservation is cancelled.
- Cancellation & Relocation
- A Tent-Suite is reserved up to 7.00 pm on the arrival date unless you have made other arrangements with us in writing.
- You may cancel a Booking order at any time before 12.00 pm 14 days prior to the day of your arrival to avoid a late cancellation charge in the amount of the deposit held for the Booking or 50% of the total charge of the Booking if the Booking was paid in full. This cancellation policy includes changes in dates or total number of nights within a confirmed reservation. Thank you for your cooperation!
- If you cancel within the period specified above, we shall refund any payment you may have made for the period cancelled less associated transaction and administrative fees.
- The confirmation of cancellation that we send to you is your proof of cancellation and should be retained by you.
- If a Tent-Suite is unavailable on arrival (due to any reason) then, we will either:
- provide an alternative Tent-Suite on the Farm; or
- at your request, cancel your Booking and refund you any money you have paid in advance for the Tent-Suites.
- Arrival & Departure
- Rooms are available from 3.00 pm on the scheduled arrival date.
- Please let us know if you are likely to arrive after 7.00 pm.
- Your Room must be vacated by 11.00 am on the day of departure. If you do not fully vacate by this time, we may charge you for an additional night.
- Our Minimum Provision: Tent-Suites
- A Tent Suite provides accommodation as follows:
- King-sized bed, outdoor dining facility, fire pit, outdoor shower, ecological toilet
- We will provide a cot for an additional $30 per night. These cots are to be used by children and young adults (<16 years of age) weighing under 150 pounds.
- A Tent Suite provides accommodation as follows:
For yourself and every person who comes to your Tent-Suite, you agree that you will not:
- bring any pet or animal on the Farm or in the Tent-Suite, except guide dogs for the blind;
- smoke in any part of our Tent-Suites. If you do, we may terminate your stay immediately and you will not be entitled to compensation and may be charged an additional cleaning charge;
- use in the Tent-Suites or Farm any electrical appliance without obtaining our specific consent in advance;
- transfer a Tent-Suite reservation to any other person. If some person who is not obviously a member of your family or group tries to take up your reservation, we shall not allow him to do so;
- cause damage or misplacement to any part of the Farm, any Tent-Suite, or any fixture, fitting or furniture. If you do, you agree to pay us immediately the sum we estimate as the cost of making good that damage or loss.
- remove any article that is present on the Farm or in the Tent-Suite that does not belong to you. If articles are missing, you agree to pay us immediately the sum we estimate as the cost of those goods.
- Disclaimers & Limitation of Liability
- All implied conditions, warranties and terms are excluded from this agreement.
- You agree that in any circumstances when we may become liable to you, the limit of our liability is the amount you have paid us for Booking.
- In all other circumstances, our total liability shall not exceed twice the daily rate charged for your Booking.
- We shall not be liable to you for any loss or expense which is:
- indirect or consequential loss; or
- economic loss or other loss of turnover, profits, business or goodwill even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable or we knew you might incur it.
- Your Indemnity
You now agree to indemnify us against all loss, including economic loss, caused to the Farm, its staff, contractors, clients and guests, arising from:
- your breach of this agreement;
- damage to any Tent-Suite, fixture, fitting or furniture by you or any person for whom you have made a booking, or who is in your party;
- any adverse affect you may have on any third party customer or client of ours, or any actual or potential booking by any such person.
- Miscellaneous Matters
- Any obligation in this agreement intended to continue to have effect after termination or completion shall so continue.
- No failure or delay by any party to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of it nor indicate any intention to reduce that or any other right in the future.
- Any communication to be served on either party by the other shall be delivered by hand or sent by first class post or recorded delivery or by e-mail.
It shall be deemed to have been delivered:
- if delivered by hand: on the day of delivery;
- if sent by post to the correct address: within 72 hours of posting;
- if sent by email to the address from which the receiving party has last sent e-mail: within 24 hours if no notice of non-receipt has been received by the sender.
- In the event of a dispute between the parties to this agreement, then they undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with the other in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- This agreement does not give any right to any third party.
- We are not liable for any failure or delay in any circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the parties agree that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in the Province of Ontario.